High quality 'Black Cat' Mini Plate in porcelain, for a gift or a souvenir of Paris.
Le Chat Noir (French for "The Black Cat") was a 19th-century cabaret, meaning entertainment house, in the bohemian Montmartre district of Paris. It was first opened on 18 November 1881 at 84 Boulevard Rochechouart by the impresario Rodolphe Salis, and closed in 1897 not long after Salis' death (much to the disappointment of Picasso and others who looked for it when they came to Paris for the Exposition in 1900).
Le Chat Noir is thought to be the first modern cabaret: a nightclub where the patrons sat at tables and drank alcoholic beverages while being entertained by a variety show on stage, introduced by a master of ceremonies who interacted with people he knew at the tables.
Pattern: Black Cat retro poster painted by Theophile-Alexandre Steinlen.
Material: Plate 100% china.
Diameter: 10cm - 3.9in.
Provided with stand for vertical presentation.